COVID- 19 UPDATE
OPEN FOR ROUTINE CARE
As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. When we return to practice, we want everyone to be prepared for the ‘new norm.’ Here are some of the changes you can expect for the safety of our patients and staff.
Things We Are Doing To Keep You Safe
• Quick screening and check-out process one family at a time.
• Requiring masks for all adults entering the office.
• Spacing out chairs in our waiting area.
• Eliminating all unnecessary objects from our waiting area and clinic.
• Hand sanitizer upon entry for all patients and parents and disinfecting of all doors and waiting room areas in between families.
• Taking temperatures of all patients and parents prior to coming into the clinic area.
• Lower volume of patients to allow for proper social distancing.
• Hygiene and restorative visits (fillings, extractions, etc.) scheduled on different days of the week to minimize aerosols in the office.
• All clinical staff will be wearing KN95 masks, goggles, and face shields.
• Continued use of single-use dental materials and hospital-grade disinfectants.
• Extra clinical staff to enhance our already robust sterilization procedures.
What You Can Expect at Your Visit
• When you arrive, please come to the front desk once reviewing the screening sign on our door. Please follow social distancing while waiting to be checked-in. We will complete medical history updates and a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire.
• After checking in, we highly encourage children >5 years of age to enter our clinic area without a parent to minimize unnecessary spread of aerosols to adults.
• All parents/guardians are required to wear masks to bring patients to their appointments. You will no longer be able to enter our office without a mask. Please bring your own mask as we are working hard to conserve our PPE for patient care.
• If parents are not coming into the clinic area, we ask parents to return to their cars to wait until their child's appointment is completed. You will be called back into the office if necessary for payment or to review treatment needs/post-operative instructions.
• We ask only ONE parent and children with scheduled dental appointments to attend. If a grandparent needs to attend instead of a parent, we ask the grandparents to plan on waiting in the car during the appointment, to minimize exposure.
• Please do not bring any food, drinks, or toys from home.
• Our staff will be wearing full personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout the dental experience.
• Your child will still get a TREASURE at the end of the visit, but it will be selected by the dental assistant and placed into their take home hygiene bag.
Before Your Visit
• If you have new insurance information, please call us to update this prior to your appointment.
• NEW PATIENTS ONLY- Please print and fill out all New Patient Paperwork at home and bring to your visit.
• Review our COVID-19 Screening Form to see if you should stay home and reschedule your appointment.
• Should your child have an underlying health condition, we recommend you schedule the first appointment of the morning or consider postponing treatment.
In the pediatric dental world, you have no idea how hard it is to not hug our patients and greet them with a great big smile! But your child’s safety and the safety of our Team is our #1 priority. We will still do everything in our power to make your child’s experience magical! Please let us know ahead of time if you have any special requests, and we will do our best to accommodate.
We love and miss our patients and look forward to seeing you!
Dr. Chelsea and our entire TEAM